Death Parade

Death Parade

A series, that surprised me with its views and its well-done character stories.


Death Parade Release Poster




This series is great at their single episode character arks and keeping their watchers on the edge of their seats, but lack in many other areas.

Story - 6

I enjoyed this story. it's not groundbreaking, but it can hold its own. the story being based around people without emotions determining where dead peoples souls go after death. with only fragments of a persons life shown at any time. this allows the audience to grow their own opinions on the situations each person is in. The overarcing lesson of this series is strong, However there are some serious flaws.

The arbiters which are the emotion-less dummies that judge a persons soul aren't as said. they show obvious emotion, such as Ginti (Red-Haired Guy) who shows obvious amonts of anger and moodiness. This flaw made me lose focus on some of the story and made me lose a bit of interest. However, past this major flaw the story is compitent and enjoyable.

I will however parade the ice-skating scene in episode 11, I'll not spoil it, but it is possibly the peak of the series. The ending is mildly rewarding, giving a strong finish to the main characters, but don't fix the overarching problem of the series. a lot is left to think of at the end of the series, but I wish there was more.

Art - 6

Really nothing ground-breaking. Character emotion isn't nearly as strong as other series and there is not much action. The art is consistent though and I am very happy with the way that flash-backs were used.

Sound -5

The opening (Flyers by Bradio) is one of my favourite Openings ever, I loved listening to it before i'd even watched the original series. However, the ending and background music are both very subpar. The Opening is a banger though.

Characters - 6

I'm not very impressed with the main characters, they are very bland. I understand that's the point, but even Chiyuki isn't very emotional and she's a human.

Decim is one of the main characters in partnership with Chiyuki. He's an arbiter who of course doesn't show any emotion, he's the only real arbiter that keeps to that rule. He is developed over the series and has a nice ending, although the change isn't increadibly big.

Chiyuki is the other main character with Decim. She is human and works with Decim for a span of three months. She does grow through the story and she has the best ending to any character in this series. I will however criticise the lack of emotion she shows all throughout the series. I would have prefered more emotion showed by her.

Nona is the third main character, she is the overarching boss of Decim and Nona. She does a lot of things behind the series and its interesting to see the consequences. However she isn't very fleshed out and she definietly needs more.

There are multiple side characters that add nearly nothing to the series, aside from Oculus. the old man that runs the place. the rest are almost completely useless.

Overall - 6

This series has a very strong message, but lacks in many different ways. The opening is amazing, but the rest of the music is average. The art is also very average and the characters could be better. However, I found this series a good watch just for the views it shows on death. I would reccomend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of the Blog

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai